Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- 3 lbs of 16 - 20 count peeled shrimp (cut into thirds).
- 4 limes and 2 squeezed lemons (retain juice).
- 2 tomatoes diced.
- 1 large sweet onion, diced.
- 1 bottle diced green olives (8 oz).
- 1 bunch fresh parsley chopped.
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped.
- 1/2 bottle Heinz ketchup (approx 16 oz).
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 fresh Jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- couple dashes of Tabasco
Marinate raw shrimp cubes in lime or lemon juice for about 3 to 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to insure even coating. Drain shrimp in a collader until lemon juice is completely drained. Place shrimp cubes in a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. Let is sit for at least a couple of hours to blend flavor. It is better after 24 hours of marinating. It's your choice.
Serve as a dip with crackers or eat it by the bowl. Tortilla chips are great for dipping. You may also serve on top of grilled fish. This recipe will keep for up to one week.
This recipe dates back to 1966 from LaPaz Mexico.