Inshore Fishing, Back Bay Fishing Orange Beach
Inshore Fishing is one of the most popular types of charters available on Alabama's Gulf Coast. These types of fishing charters take you fishing in and around Orange Beach, Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan and near Pensacola Bay, Florida. Although Orange Beach is the epicenter of all of the bay and inshore charter boats located in Alabama, you might find that being flexible about where you fish might yield a better experience.
With so many new guides appearing each year in the area, there are only a few guides that really stand out above the rest. These guides have been in business for years and understand what customer service and bent rods is all about. These guides fish through our cooperative. That is why when you choose inshore and bay fishing charters listed through this site, you are going to get what you expect from your trip.
Using this website and Booking direct with the inshore bay fishing guide is important. That is because if you book through a marina or booking agent, they take a 15% to 20% cut off the top and give the captain the rest. When you book through this site, we don't take a fee. This way, you get a guide who has an incentive to give you their best because they have the revenue that will allow them to burn a little extra fuel or get the best bait, in order to give you the inshore fishing trip you deserve.
What to look for in a bay fishing charter:
1. Professional fishing guide who puts your best interest above their personal gain.
2. One who promotes safety.
3. Kid and family friendly. (one who educates, demonstrates and helps you catch quality fish)
4. One who promotes "keeping the best, releasing the rest." These guides want you to catch and keep what you need, but they are fishing for the future and are not trying to fill a freezer every time they go bay fishing.
5. A guide that is willing to move to where the fish are biting. (not one who sits at the jetties day after day and expects different results)
6. New and or, well maintained fishing tackle.
7. One who uses live bait (not just live shrimp).
8. One who does not offer to take you offshore in search of snapper or mackerel. Taking you offshore in a single engine boat is not safe in our opinion. That is what big boats with twin engines are for. The best inshore and bay fishing guides take you to target inshore species like Speckled Trout, Flounder, Redfish,Sheepshead, Pompano and Tripletail.
9. A guide who is not afraid to burn a little fuel in order to get to where the fish are biting.